Skin Needling, also known as Micro-Needling, is a form of Collagen Induction Therapy which is intended to smooth wrinkles, improve depressed acne scarring as well as reduce the appearance of stretch marks. It is one the latest and most effective skin treatments available. This is a topical non-invasive and all natural procedure which simply encourages the natural healing components of the skin to begin.
At the London Skin Clinic, we use the latest skin needling technology, our needling pens have an adaptable needle length from 0.1 up to 2.5mm. Numbing cream is applied prior to treatment and using very small needles there is no pain.
Skin needling helps the absorption of sterilised formulations containing peptides, growth factors, hyaluronic acid, organic silicon, natural extracts, vitamins and amino acids. These growth factors then activate multipotent stem cells already in the skin (tricking them into “thinking” there’s been an injury resulting new, younger skin tissue to be generated)
For the next 2-5 days following treatment
- Make up should not be worn for 12-24 hours post skin needling
- Do not use products containing AHA’s, BHA’s, Vitamin A (Retinol), astringents or exfoliating granules
- Apply hydrators as required (skin is best to remain moist during this time)
- Do not exfoliate or pick at peeling skin
- Do not expose the skin to sun
- MUST apply a sunscreen daily SPF30+
- Avoid vigorous exercise, saunas, chlorinated and salt water pools, steam baths and hot showers for 48 hours following your treatment
- Avoid waxing, IPL, Laser or depilatory creams for 2 weeks following your treatment
- Avoid applying tanning products for 2 weeks following your treatment
Before and After
We are always happy to help if you have any skin-related problems.